|Simple Form Validation lab
|Due: Fri, March 3
Assignment: (worth 5 exercise points)
Create a nice-looking form that has the following fields:
The page must also have a button labelled Validate. When clicked, this button should ensure that the form is okay.
- Name (first and last name in one field is fine)
- Email address
- Re-enter email address
- Phone number
- a descriptive error message should appear if the Name field is left blank
- a descriptive error message should appear if the Phone number field is left blank
- a descriptive error message should appear if the Email field is left blank
- a descriptive error message should appear if the Re-enter Email field does not match the Email field
- if there are no errors, a message should appear saying that everything looks okay.
- if no errors, the okay message needs to be on the page itself NOT an alert box.
- error messages may be in an alert box or on the page itself
- error messages must indicate WHAT is missing, not just "missing field"
- Options for giving errors:
- one error at a time
- let them know of AN error
- let them fix it and hit the button again
- all errors at once.
- some errors at once, but perhaps not all
- Phone validation
- Add an error if the phone number is not valid (eg does not have 9 digits)
- Handle the possibility that they might put in ( ) or -'s in the number.
- Name change
- Automatically capitalize the person's name when they enter it.
a pull-down select menu for state. The menu must
have "Select State" as the default visible option. The actual
states need to be below that.
- It is an error if a state has not been chosen.
- If the user chooses Virginia, add a field to the form that asks for the name of their town.
a checkbox that allows the user to indicate they have a business.
When they check this box, add a field for them to type in the
name of the business
- Let them also sign up to purchase things.
- our company tshirt ($15 each)
- our promo dvd ($3 each)
- be sure to give a "total" for their purchases.
- Companies are charged an extra "business" fee, but
individuals are not.
your folder to your account. I will be looking at
the following URLs:
(replacing youruserid as