Web Pages HOW TO PUBLISH
To publish your webpages:
0) Create a directory called
and a sub-directory called 210 .
1) Use WinSCP to
publish your files. Instructions: (Linux users see below)
- Connect to the server via putty or ssh to
connect to cs.longwood.edu
- At the command prompt, type:
(this lists the contents in your directory).
- If you do NOT see public_html
in the listing, you need to type:
change to that directory by typing:
the directory 210 by typing.
- NOTE: Much of the above can also be done via
WinSCP, but I am not giving those instructions here.
2) Go to a browser and to the
- Open WinSCP and connect to
- On the right side should be a GUI showing your
files on the server.
- Go inside the public_html
- Go inside the 210
- Now, drag Page1.html to the
Be sure to replace youruserid as appropriate.
If you do not see your pages at these URLs, then something
has gone wrong.
3) NOTE: The above URL is where people will go to evaluate your work.
Usesr for copying files to server:
Assume your files are in a folder called "FirstHW" on your desktop.
At a terminal prompt, type the following:
// you are now in the right directory on the server
Desktop // the l indicates "local" on
FirstHW // you are now on the right
directory on your machine
Page1.html // transfers the file Page1.html from
the local directory to the directory on the server