your Account ready
Monday, January 23
beginning of class
Preparing to interact with the Longwood cs server.
You will need software that can securely connect
to the server for command line interactions and also file copying.
Download the software Putty
||You should already have ssh and sftp available to
||ssh and sftp
If you want a graphical interface, you may wish to consider getting Transmit, CyberDuck, or some
the necessary folder for the web.
- Connect to the machine cs.longwood.edu
- For Windows, open PuTTY and use cs.longwood.edu as
the Host Name.
- For Linux and Mac, at the command line, type: ssh
- Log in with your username and password.
- At the command prompt, type ls
(this lists the contents in your directory).
- If you see public_html
in the listing, you are done.
- If you do not, you need to type mkdir
- Type chmod 755 public_html
If you have not dealt with remote connections to the server before,
you may wish to look up some references. One page is
Directory Navigation Help