Tue, August 29
Chapters 1 and 2 of the KarelJRobot book.
- Note that in some early versions of the book, in Chapter 2, there are several places where
the street or avenue are off by one. For instance, on page 11,
the Initial Situation in Figure 2.3 shows the robot on street 2, while
the text below says it should be on street 1.
- Also, we will be using Robot rather than UrRobot.
Assignment: (worth 5 exercise
If you have done this program for another course in the past or this
course, you must re-do this homework, you are not permitted to hand in
your previous code.
Get CarpetHallways.zip file.
the files in this folder as your basis for this assignment.
the program as given and see the world that you are given. In this
world are 4 "hallways" indicated by wall segments. You are to write a
program that has 4 robots "carpet" those hallways by
placing one beeper on each intersection within the hallways.
- There must be a separate robot responsible for each hallway.
- Each Robot object must start or begin outside of the
- Each Robot object must finish or end outside of the hallway.
- The carpet must consist of one beeper per intersection and
only one beeper per intersection (beepers are expensive).
- There should be no Error Shutoffs.
- Each Robot object must be turned off when the program
terminates (the cost of energy is high).
Note that the robots might end in different places,
as long as they are outside of the hallway.
- Remember that you are permitted to talk with others
regarding how the program works. However, you need to do the
actual work yourself and understand the answer that you produce.
- Put your name in the comment at the top of the
file. Also, put in the top of the file a note saying what
the most difficult part of this homework was.
- Go to your Workspace folder.
- Create a Zip file of the folder containing your work.
- Submit that file to Canvas