Log onto a computer science server making sure to change the port number.
Follow these instructions to get your files ready to start lab.
wget to download the file at http://cs.longwood.edu/courses/cmsc381/s19/files/pixels.tgz
- Uncompress the pixels.tgz file by using
tar -xvzf pixels.tgz
We have been exploring image processing and rasterizaton. You are to write a meme tool.
- utilize normalized coordinates and image transformations
- utilize convolution kernels
- utilize interpolation
- write a README
You have been given a directory of source code dealing with images.
- READ the source code. (Where are things located? Ask questions when you don't know)
- Add functions to fit text along a line, quadratic bezier curve, and cubic bezier curve
- Load and render bitmapped characters (probably want a monospaced font)
- Rotate characters to fit the tangent of the line or curve
- Allow the font to be rendered in a color other than white
- Generate a grayscale mask for the font
- Use the mask to blend your bitmap to the background image
If you have changed file names or directory names you will need to change to the
directory which contains the directory you wish to hand in. We will use
handin cmsc381 assignment directory command.
In this case you will type:
handin cmsc381 lab1 your_directory_name
You lab is due at 11:59pm Feb. 8th 2019.